Progressive Web Apps
What is Progressive Web Apps ?
A progressive web application is the latest technology to combine the best of web and mobile apps. Website is built using web application but that acts and looks like an app.
Progressive Web Apps are user experiences that have the reach of the web, and are:
- Reliable – Load instantly and never show the down sour, even in uncertain network conditions.
- Fast – Respond quickly to user interactions with silky smooth animations and no janky scrolling.
- Engaging – Feel like a natural app on the device, with an immersive user experience.
Once a site has a PWA built and ready to go, Chrome will push it to be installed on a user’s mobile device so long as it meets the following criteria:
- It is running under HTTPS – Emphasis on the “S” there. Your site must be secured with an SSL certificate.
- It has a Web App Manifest – This is a JSON file that lets you customize various features of your app such as name, colors, design, etc.